EASA2020 policy on privacy and audiovisual recording of conference content
AV recordings of the panels/sessions and conference content are NOT permitted (neither within Shindig nor using external software/hardware).
Live streaming of any part of the conference to a platform outside of Shindig is not permitted.
- On request of the Executive Committee: e.g. recording/live streaming a keynote Speaker.
- On request of a Panel Convenor e.g. recording panel sessions.
In such cases the Executive Committee or Panel Convenor(s) must provide NomadIT with the following information ahead of the conference for their records:
- Why the session is being recorded.
- Who is the person accountable for the recording (takes responsibility for what happens to the recording and ensures that privacy rules and informed consent is followed).
- Which panel/sessions they wish to record/live stream? (These will be marked in the panel explorer so attendees can see that this session is being recorded.)
The accountable person has the responsibility to obtain informed consent before the start of the conference from presenters/panelists to record their presentations in Shindig. They must provide clear answers to the following:
- Why is this being recorded?
- What will happen to the recording (will it be posted online and where)?
What Creative Commons licence
will be applied (licences stipulate what others are allowed to do with the recording once
- We would recommend the Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International licence if you want to ensure that the recording can be shared only in its original form (i.e. others could not take sections of the recording and create and distribute an altered form of the work) and is used for non-commercial purposes only.
- If a presenter opts-out will they still be filmed and edited out later, or will filming be paused/stopped while they are presenting?
The accountable person must inform audience members (verbally and in the chat function of Shindig at the beginning of the session and periodically)
- That the panel is being filmed/live streamed.
- What will happen to the recording.
- Who the accountable person is (name and contact details provided in the Shindig group chat).
- That they can opt-out by contacting the accountable person and clearly explain that opting-out means that while they will be recorded if they ask a question they will be edited-out of the final version for dissemination.
- However when live-streaming it is not technically straightforward to facilitate opting-out. Anyone who does not wish to appear should be instructed to turn off their webcam and if asking a question, to do so via the text box, as opposed to coming on stage.
The accountable person is also responsible for post-production editing to ensure that any audience member or panelist/presenter who wished not to be included in the film be edited out before dissemination (e.g. posting online).