Access the conference
EAJS2021 was taking place in Whova, a web app that “wraps around” Zoom.
Conference recording policy
Panels/sessions and other conference content WAS RECORDED BY DEFAULT by the conference organisers, but others may not record content (using external software/hardware).
If any live streaming of parts of the conference to platforms outside of Whova/Zoom needs to take place, this will be facilitated by the conference organisers - others may not record or stream the content using external software/hardware.
- Conference content was recorded so delegates can see content they were unable to attend live for up to a month after the event. Only delegates will be able to see this content, through their passworded access to the site.
- The recording will be posted within the panel explorer and conference website.
- Content may be subsequently displayed to a wider audience (not just delegates), however participants will be able to request content be either restricted to delegates-only, or deleted entirely.
- The following Creative Commons licence will be applied (licences stipulate what others are allowed to do with the recording once posted online)
- Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International licence: the recording can only be shared in its original form (i.e. others cannot not take sections of the recording and create and distribute an altered form of the work) and is used for non-commercial purposes only.
- If a presenter opts-out will they still be filmed and edited out later.
The conference organisers informed all delegates by email prior to the event that the content will be recorded/live streamed, inviting anyone who wishes to opt-out from being recorded to inform the organisers of that after the conference.
Each session/panel convenor/organiser is responsible for informing audience members (verbally and in the chat function of Whova/Zoom at the beginning of the session and periodically):
- That the panel is being filmed/live streamed.
- That the recording will be embedded on the EAJS2021 website.
- That the conference organiser is the accountable person.
- That delegates can opt-out by contacting the accountable person and clearly explain that opting-out means that while they will be recorded if they ask a question they will be edited-out of the final version for dissemination.
However when live-streaming it is not technically straightforward to facilitate opting-out. Anyone who does not wish to appear should be instructed to turn off their webcam and if asking a question, to do so via the text box, as opposed to coming on stage.
The accountable person is responsible for post-production editing to ensure that any audience member or panelist/presenter who wished not to be included in the film be edited out before dissemination (e.g. posting online).