Marketing opportunities at CASCA/IUAES2017
The Conference/InterCongress of the International Union of Anthropological and Ethnological Sciences (IUAES) and Canadian Anthropology Society (CASCA) will be held May 2-7, 2017at the University of Ottawa, on the unceded, traditional territory of the Algonquins of the Ottawa River Watershed.
The event will bring together 900 anthropologists from all over the world. We encourage you to come along and introduce your publications, products, or services at CASCA/IUAES2017. IUAES congresses and CASCA conferences are lively events and the exhibiting space will be positioned close to the tea/coffee distribution and reception desk, ensuring that this will be the space where delegates congregate and linger, and will not be able to miss your presence.
The hours of the Book Exhibit will be Wed-Fri 09:30-18:00 and Sat 09:30-14:00.
The following publishers will be in attendance:
|McGill-Queen’s University Press|
|Nelson Education Canada|
|University of British Columbia Press|
|University of Toronto Press|
Publishers and other exhibitors can choose one or more of the following options
(all prices are shown in Canadian dollars):
- Full page portrait advert in abstract book - please email cascaiuaes2017(at)nomadit.co.uk by March 1st. 300dpi, black & white TIF, 23cm (h) x 15cm (w) with 3mm bleed. Please keep live text 10mm away from the edge. Fee: $280
- Single display table (~1.8m x 0.8m) - includes full access for one staff member to panels & events*. Fee: $530
- Double display table (~3.6m x 0.8m) - includes full access to panels & events for two staff members*. Fee: $840
* All events does not include the conference dinner which has its own charge. If interested to book your staff into the conference dinner, please email cascaiuaes2017(at)nomadit.co.uk.
- We do NOT offer unstaffed displays - experience shows that you do not get to really market your company and simply lose your stock. We would have to pay a student to mind your stand, so the cost would rise, and while very able, students are not trained in marketing and are not grounded in your company profile. Come along and meet your client base!
- We do NOT offer insertion of ads/catalogues in delegate packs - experience shows that the clutter in a delegate bag is quickly junked, and rarely placed into a recycling bin. Ads printed in our conference book will not be thrown away, and so will have a longer shelf-life. This will also have environmental benefits.
Email cascaiuaes2017(at)nomadit.co.uk to book your exhibiting space at CASCA/IUAES2017. Please specify the number of display tables required, as well as the staff names for your display table(s) for badge/access purposes.
Delivery deadline & address
Please make sure your exhibits are not delivered before April 28. Please mark all parcels with delivery labels as follows:
To: CASCA/IUAES2017 CONFERENCE - [exhibitor's name]
School of Sociological and Anthropological Studies
Faculty of Social Sciences
Social Sciences Building
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1N 6N5
To ensure you get your exhibits back, please label all your boxes with your organization’s/company's name in the top left-hand corner and make sure that whoever makes the courier booking ensures that the organization’s/company's name is used as a reference in the order.
Collections address: TBD